Dictée en français / French dictation (live session with replay available)
Attend AND/OR receive the replay video of the live French dictation held on:
Sunday May 22nd at 9pm Paris time (GMT+2)
= Sunday May 22nd at 12noon Los Angeles time (GMT-7)
= Sunday May 22nd at 3pm New York time (GMT-4)
= Monday 23rd at 5am Melbourne Australia time (GMT+10)
A French dictation is an excellent exercise as it:
- tells how you make sense of what you hear;
- shows whether you can implement the spelling and grammar rules you’ve learnt (form of the verbs, agreements in plural/feminine, of past participles, spelling of unknown words based on derived words, etc.)
- allows you to learn new French words.
What we’ll do:
After the dictation in French, we'll correct it together and I will point out interesting aspects of the language (in English) to make sure you'll get the best value out of the session!
If you enjoy my podcasts, teaching style and explanations, we’ll have a great time together!
What you'll get:
- A great French workout with helpful comments to reinforce learning.
- 1-2 day(s) after the event, you'll receive a link with the replay of the session as well as the text of the dictation (practice again and see whether you’ve improved!). This is also a good option if you can’t attend on the day.
- As this will be a live session, you can ask me your questions.
- You’ll work on your French with other like-minded students who may have the same questions as you. This is a safe, friendly-people-only event!
Level / Pre-requisites:
From upper beginner / intermediate level.
(Come give it a try or aim for zero mistake, there's a challenge for everyone!)
What you need on the day:
Your favourite pen and paper.
I recommend you hand-write the dictation, do not type as you may not be able to write the French accents (and also we don't want the spell checker to do the work for you - that's cheating!)
About 75-90 minutes (it's always hard to tell!)
How it works:
When you purchase, you'll receive a PDF file with the link to attend the event hosted on Zoom. (Zoom is very easy to use. Simply follow the link in the instructions and enter the ID and password provided).
IF YOU CANNOT FIND THE PDF FILE in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder !
If you experience any issue, please contact me as early as possible : firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: price is in USD.
Work on your French spelling and grammar skills with me